Are you having trouble with a thing called FreeCause or FreeCause Search?1. I downloaded a toolbar from one site and it automatically installed a crappy search engine FreeCause. Whenever I type something into my URL bar that isn't a url, it comes up with FreeCause search powered by Yahoo! I want to just go back to Google. What do i do to remove it?
2. I've noticed that over the last few weeks I've been getting the following messages when trying to view some websites, that I know are live and I was only looking at a few minutes before: Cannot find *website address* DNS Error - Server cannot be found http://search.freecause.com?
3. I seem to have picked up a virus. Sometimes when I search the results come up in a strange window called Freecause. I use Internet Explorer 8 and Windows 7. How do I get rid of this?
Introduction about FreeCause or Search.freecause.comAs far as we know, this FreeCause thing came out a long time ago but it is still popular nowadays. Some of you are still confused about it and some of you may have suffered for a long time. However, what i gonna tell you is that this FreeCause is not a legit thing and it has been classified as a hijacker virus by pc support company. Because this FreeCause acts exactly the same as the hijacker virus which we have told you before.
Firstly, this FreeCause will get into your computer all of a sudden and then it affects your web browsers such as firefox and chrome. When you are trying to search something from Google, and you will get some results. But when you try to visit those sites, malicious things happen. You will be redirected to some other sites which contained malicous infections. Some people will find this FreeCause became the homepage of the browser and will pretend to be a legit search engine.
You don't need to trust it and you'd better uninstall it as soon as possible.
This post will teach you how to remove it easily. Any problem, you can ask help from Tee Support 24/7 online experts and learn more.
What will Search.freecause.com Virus always do?1. Search engine and current page keeps redirecting you to unwanted web sites (Search.freecause.com appeared most of the time)
2. Launches fake warnings and security alerts to scare you
3. Your online activities, together with personal information may be tracked by remote hackers.
4. Search.freecause.com terminates your antivirus installation, update and modifies Firewall settings to protect itself
5. System will be more vulnerable and prone to getting corrupted
Step by step Guides to Remove Search.freecause.com Hijacker
Solution one:Internet Explorer
1) Go to 'Tools' → 'Manage Add-ons';
2) Choose 'Search Providers' → choose 'Bing' search engine or 'Google' search engine and make it default;
3) Select 'Search Results' and click 'Remove' to remove it;
4) Go to 'Tools' → 'Internet Options', select 'General tab' and click 'Use default' button or enter your own website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save the changes.
Solution two:1. Remove the Search.freecause.com associate file:
2. Delete Search.freecause.com registry entries:HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRun "[random]agnz.exe"
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet Settings "ProxyEnable" = "1"
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet Settings "ProxyServer" = "http=127.0.0.1:33921"
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet Settings "ProxyOverride" = ""
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerPhishingFilter "Enabled" = "0"
What to do if Search.freecause.com Virus just keeps popping up?
Well, in this situation, you need to pay much attention on the removal. But you should know that theSearch.freecause.com virus is a tricky one which may mutate fast in the system. If you cannot get rid of it, you will need to ask some computer technicians (IT guys) and get the problem resolved.
Here in this article, you can just start a live chat with Tee Support 24/7 online agents and learn more.