What Is ad.xtendmedia.com?There is no denying the fact that ad.xtendmedia.com is a dangerous hijacker virus which is able to get into your computer with notice and permission. This thing affect all kinds of web browsers. With the help of this ad.xtendmedia.com hijacker, cybercriminals are capable of collecting user’s personal information, such as credit cards number /password, or keeping your browser dedicated to a tricky page. ad.xtendmedia.com takes over your web browser and changes its settings, slow down your network speed. It can bring more viruses to your computer. It is a common trouble for any browser, anyone. You should remove it as soon as possible.
This step by step guide will teach you how to kill ad.xtendmedia.com safely.
But if you meet some new problems on the computer, you'd better ask help from your own IT guys. Learn more from Tee Support 24/7 online service center right here.
Easy And Manual Guide for ad.xtendmedia.com Hijacker RemovalFirst of all, remove add-ons on the web browser you're using.
1) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’;
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Result’ from the list to remove it by clicking the ‘X’ mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engine…’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ -> “Options”. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under ‘General tab;
After that, press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard to open the Windows Task Manager;
2. End the process [random].exe;
3. Find out and delete all these associating files
4. Find out and remove all these associating registry entries:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\random
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\“UninstallString” = “‘%AppData%\[RANDOM]\[RANDOM].exe” -u
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\“ShortcutPath” = “‘C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SOAU8277 512.exe” -u’”
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce “SOAU8277 512” = “‘C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\random.exe’
Watch This Video Guide and Learn the Redirect Virus Removal
What to do if ad.xtendmedia.com Virus just keeps popping up?
Well, in this situation, you need to pay much attention on the removal. But you should know that the ad.xtendmedia.com virus is a tricky one which may mutate fast in the system. If you cannot get rid of it, you will need to ask some computer technicians (IT guys) and get the problem resolved.
Here in this article, you can just start a live chat with Tee Support 24/7 online agents and learn more.